The 'ICAC Induction for Public Officers' course will help you to understand:
- the role and functions of the South Australian Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC); and
- the obligation that all public officers have to report certain types of conduct to the Office for Public Integrity (OPI)
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- understand key terminology used in the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption Act 2012 (ICAC Act) and the ICAC Directions and Guidelines
- identify who is a public officer and a public authority
- define corruption, misconduct and maladministration
- identify the types of conduct that should be reported to the OPI
- understand your reporting obligations
The course will take approximately 30 - 40 minutes to complete. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting, you may log in and out as many times as you like.
In order to receive a certificate you must complete the course and achieve a minimum grade of 80% on the final test.
All scenarios, characters and
case studies used in the course are fictitious.